Some salient facts:
▪ I drove a taxi for 12 years in Seattle, at night, in every zone. I refused fewer fares than anybody else and was never robbed.
▪ Washington issues concealed-carry weapon licenses much more easily than many pro-gun states and has a very high percentage of people so licensed.
▪ In a recent seven-week period, Seattle - with 500,000 residents - had no murders at all.
▪ The cities that prevent honest citizens from owning guns are the most deadly. Boston saw four cabbies slain in on week. Massachusetts requires a permit to have a gun at home and another to take it hunting or to the gunsmith.
▪ Vermont borders three fiercely restrictive zones (New York, Massachusetts and Canada) and had no gun laws until it banned concealed carry in a few venues. It is far safer in Vermont than in those states and Canada.