Gig Harbor at a glance
Published: 05/21/13 15:48:36
Mitchell Pomeroy woke up in a casualty ward. He remembers seeing a colleague missing his lower jaw, his teeth jammed upward into his face, and another whose skin was like hamburger meat as doctors tried to remove a wedding ring from his burned hand.
Published: 05/22/13 11:42:38
It’s official: Toll rates on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge will increase 25 cents starting on July 1, with another 25-cent toll increase set for July 1, 2014.
Published: 05/22/13 11:41:52
The best and the brightest of the 2013 graduating classes of high schools in the Peninsula School District were honored at Wednesday night's 11th annual Students of Distinction Community Banquet at Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church in Gig Harbor. The event was put on by The Peninsula Gateway.
Published: 05/21/13 21:47:18
BELLEVUE – Needing two runs with only three outs left, the Peninsula Seahawks thought they had mounted a final threat against the Meadowdale Mavericks.
Published: 05/21/13 21:47:16
TACOMA — After they blew an eight-run lead against the Tahoma Bears, it would have been easy for the Gig Harbor Tides to let a victory slip from their grasp.
Published: 05/22/13 12:04:59
Published: 05/22/13 12:02:41
Monday night's final hearing on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge rate setting conducted by the state Transportation Commission was like the national anthem being played before a sporting event — a mere formality.
OFF THE WALL
Published: 05/16/13 11:30:00
Selected events from the Go & Do calendar on Gateline.com.
Published: 05/18/13 14:09:00
The Peninsula Seahawks were on a hot streak, having won three of their four playoff games, and looked poised to reach the Class 3A state quarterfinals for the first time in seven seasons.
WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE
Published: 05/08/13 16:47:15
Random thoughts on the current Gig Harbor scene and whatever else I feel like commenting on:
Published: 05/22/13 20:09:23
Pierce County Council member Stan Flemming says he has moved from University Place to Gig Harbor so that he has the option of running for re-election in 2014.
Published: 05/21/13 09:48:17
Its official: Tolls on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge will increase 25 cents starting July 1, with another 25-cent toll increase set for July 1, 2014.
Published: 05/22/13 14:55:57
Published: 05/17/13 13:58:46
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- Pentagon finds budget cuts not so hard after all
- 367 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally