Sounders FC / MLS HEADLINES
MLS' long-held plan to place its 20th team in New York City were realized today.
Seattle Sounders forward Eddie Johnson was named the Player of the Week on Monday for Week 12 of the 2013 Major League Soccer season.
After losing a two-goal lead Saturday, Seattle Sounders FC just went out and built another, turning that into a two-goal victory over the top-ranked team in Major League Soccer.
Sounders FC survived a wild looping roller-coaster ride of a night Saturday.
Seattle Sounders FC is starting to hit its stride after the club secured a 4-2 win over the Western Conference leaders, FC Dallas, at CenturyLink Field on Saturday.
The traditional imbalance of power in Major League Soccer seems to have shifted hard to the Western Conference this season.
The Seattle Sounders will aim to extend their unbeaten streak in league play to six consecutive matches when the Rave Green host FC Dallas at CenturyLink Field.
Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson was among 26 players called in to the U.S. national team Thursday by coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
David Beckham, whose curling free kicks, rugged good looks and celebrity marriage made him one of the most famous athletes in the world, is retiring from soccer.
Seattle Sounders FC will open its fifth U.S. Open Cup on May 29 against a team representing Tampa Bay.
Sounders U-23 opened U.S. Open Cup play Tuesday with a 5-1 mauling of Doxa Italia on Tuesday at Sunset Chev Stadium in Sumner.
Sounders U-23 coach Darren Sawatzky is asked which member of his club is going to become this season’s DeAndre Yedlin.
The Seattle Sounders FC reserves fell flat Sunday, but Tacoma’s hopes for a return of professional soccer might have gained ground.
Russell Teibert scored his first two MLS goals to lead the Vancouver Whitecaps to a 3-1 win over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night in Vancouver, B.C.
More than $1 million of soccer payroll could be on display at 4 p.m. today when Seattle Sounders FC meets Orlando City SC in a Major League Soccer Reserve League match at Cheney Stadium.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Seahawks waive QB Josh Portis
- 310 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 161 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 72 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 24 Party lines blur at transportation rally